Whelp, I’ve searched high and low for MONTHS and my front leather (completed!) side panels have just vanished. So with an exasperated sigh, I started tearing apart a lovely leather jacket I purchased at the thrift store a few months ago to replace those panels. It’s a pretty close match to the leather on the back that’s completed because I wasn’t about to start the entire thing from scratch. Should be plenty of leather for what I need AND it was on sale so I only paid $10 bucks for the jacket – score!
Last night I was able to get the lining torn apart and the facings and collar removed. Now starts the task of deconstructing the jacket. I’m very impatient when it comes to these things, so I need to remind myself every two minutes to go slow and not tear the leather (which I did last night in a few spots because I got in a hurry). I hope to have the jacket in pieces by the end of the weekend so I can start redoing the pattern and marking pieces. I’m dreading doing this again but if I want the costume finished I have no choice. 😛
You can see portions of the back center panel, side and vest bottom.
Here’s a picture of the back of the vest, still in progress. As I said before, I’m pretty happy with it. I know the leather lacing isn’t
Left side back and lower part of vest
perfect, but it’s close and it gives the look I wanted. I might add that I am human that likes to see results quick so it was hard for me to take the time to even get it this close.
And, I realized before Christmas just how long my hair has gotten.
My hair…it’s a growing!
I haven’t had it cut since August when I got ready to go to the Stargate Convention in Chicago. Oops! Normally I try to go every three months for a trim and shape. I had just gotten out of the shower and dried it…yeah, not sure I’ve had it this long since
high school. Works great for rockin’ the ‘Mom Ponytail’ which I do more often than not which is probably why I haven’t noticed before now.
Looking forward to making progress on this over the weekend! I am going to try really hard this year to finish projects that have been started before I jump in to anything new – with the exception of one of Aeryn’s long coats because I really, REALLY want to make them! I was going to have them outsourced by someone who knows what they are doing, but I’ll figure out the best way to do it myself because it seems whenever I have someone else to something for me (it’s only been a couple of times) I end up regretting it later because it doesn’t some out like I wanted it to. I have several Vala (Stargate, SG1) projects that I should really finish that have been cut or partially done and I need to get them out of boxes and on my person!
More updates as I progress! Have a lovely weekend fellow Scapers! 😀